- Is a job offer required for immigration to Canada under the Skilled Worker/ Professional category?
- What is a “job offer” within the context of Canadian immigration?
- Are there different types of job offers that a Canadian employer can make?
- Can I apply for a Temporary Work Permit and a Canada Immigration Visa?
- What are the advantages of obtaining a permanent job offer from a Canadian employer?
- What are the advantages of obtaining a temporary job offer from a Canadian employer?
- Is it difficult to find a good job in Canada?
- What is a work permit?
- What are the advantages to hiring an attorney?
- What services will you provide to me?
Is a job offer required for immigration to Canada under the Skilled Worker/ Professional category?
No. You can qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa without a Canadian job offer if you have at least one year (within the last 10 years) of paid work experience in one of the 29 qualifying occupations. The Quebec Skilled Worker category of immigration and some of the Provincial Nomination Programs do not require a Canadian job offer in order to qualify.
- A temporary job offer is an offer of Canadian employment that is made for a specific period of time – 6 months, 1 year, etc… You can only begin working, in most cases, after you receive a Temporary Work Permit.
- A permanent job offer is an offer of Canadian employment that is made for an indeterminate period of time. You can only begin working after you receive your Canada Immigration Visa.
Can I apply for a Temporary Work Permit and a Canada Immigration Visa?
Yes, you can. You may apply for a Temporary Work Permit on its own or in combination with an application for a Canada Immigration Visa. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) recognizes the concept of “dual intent” whereby, you desire to work in Canada temporarily and thereafter reside and work in Canada permanently.
- Increased opportunity for a successful application under the Skilled Worker/ Professional category and the Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) category.
- Canadian Immigration Visa Offices “fast-track” applications submitted under the Skilled Worker/ Professional category, where the applicant has received a validated job offer from a Canadian employer. Likewise, priority processing is given to all applications submitted under the Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) category. In both situations a Canada Immigration Visa should be issued in less than one year unless there are medical and/or security issues.
- Under the Skilled Worker/ Professional category, if you do not have at least one year (within the last 10 years) of paid work experience in one of these 29 qualifying occupations, you must have a Canadian job offer in order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa. Moreover, there is no limit on the number of applications that will be considered for processing when accompanied by a permanent, full-time job offer (Arranged Employment).
- A job offer is the starting point for obtaining a Temporary Work Permit.
- Coming to Canada on a Work Permit is the quickest way to enter Canada and work. The Work Permit application process can usually be completed in a matter of days or weeks.
- The Canadian employer of a Work Permit holder in Canada can offer the individual a permanent full-time job of indeterminate length and the new job offer will be considered Arranged Employment in Canada under the Skilled Worker/ Professional category of immigration.
Is it difficult to find a good job in Canada?
No. If you are in Canada, there are many available rewarding employment opportunities. Each day in Canada more than 50,000 job postings go unfilled. Getting a job offer from outside Canada is more of a challenge but certainly can be accomplished with a little bit of perseverance, especially with the tools and guidance that our Canadian law firm offers. Many Canadian employers have a keen demand for skilled workers and professionals. There is no reason why you can’t be a part of their solution.
What is a work permit?
Work visas and employment authorizations are known as work permits in Canada. A work permit is a document issued by officials of the Canadian Government that allows a foreign individual to work at a specific job for a specific employer.
What are the advantages to hiring an attorney?
Often, employment and business opportunities are time sensitive and for that reason having a legal representative in Canada with expertise in the area of work permits is the most efficient way to proceed.
It is important to note that, while your qualifications are supposed to be the determining factor in the success of your work permit application, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Officer’s discretion can play a crucial role in the final outcome of your case. Under Canadian immigration regulations, CIC Officers are given a great deal of discretion in the handling of your work permit application.
What services will you provide to me?
We at Agnihotri Immigration Consulting will evaluate if a work permit is necessary in your case and, if so, whether or not you are entitled to one. We will then assess your situation to determine the type of work permit that would be best for you and see if you qualify for an ESDC exemption. We will advise you of the steps you will need to take in order to receive your work permit.
We will manage your application to optimize the likelihood of successfully obtaining a work permit. We will present evidence to the CIC Officer of your neutral or beneficial impact on the labor market in Canada so that the CIC Officer will consider your application in the best light.
Because we do this every day, all day long, and have done so for over many years, we are well aware of the rhythms and changes of the Canadian Government’s processing service standards. Any undue delay in your application will quickly become evident to us, and allow us to act immediately.
For more information please call or write
August 29, 2020
Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer